Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm a Movie Geek, but that's OK!pt8


I never expected that this kind of movie can make me cry all the way through the end of the story. This story is meant to educate us that no matter what problems you have, others have it even worse than yours. I’d read an article in Malay newspaper about how the western install the holocaust thingy in every movie they had made even in the form of papers for example the diary of Anne Frank, which I have not read but I’d watch it in screen(touching story btw). To find the true meaning of it, I google it and found out that it is related towards the event where the Jews were killed for about 6 million people by the Nazi’s(some movies that portrayed this event are The Pianist and Beautiful Life) . In the article, I had been told that all people around the world were blinded by the Jews propaganda by showing that they had suffered more than the Muslims. I tend not to be discussing this in more details because I do not discriminate people by just seeing their race or colour. What am I trying to say is I appreciated this movie for showing that humanity does not occur for certain race or religion, we know what is good and what is bad. I kind of babbling over here, so let’s cut to the chase and presenting the summary of the story:

This story is based on a book called The Freedom Writers Diary by teacher Erin Gruwell who wrote the story based on Woodrow Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, California, a place where hatred and racism abound. Erin’s first day of teaching is a shock to her because every seconds, there were fights and cursing. Day by day, she begins to earn their trust and buys them a journal for them to write about their own stories like a diary, in which they talk about their experiences of being abused, seeing their friends die, and etc. She teaches them about Holocaust and brought them to the Holocaust museum and meet with the survivors and all the time she had spent with her students does not bring any happiness with her marriage because her husband felt neglected and at the end of the story, the husband filed for a divorce. Many of her colleagues hated her methods of teaching because of jealousy, I think. Meanwhile, Erin gives her students a project to write their diary in the form of a book and she compiles the projects into a book called The Freedom Writers Diary. At the end of the movie, Erin successfully brought many of her students to graduation and college.

p/s: I have this movie if you want to watch ;)

Current Mood: Contented

Current Song: Who’s David by Busted

0 comments: